Speedtouch

S.Tux str.tux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 13:04:18 UTC 2004

On Tue,  2 Nov 2004 13:48:43 +0100 (CET), Matthew Laver
<member at laver.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:
> "My continuing battle with my speedtouch modem: the only thing stopping me fully enjoying Ubuntu."
>
> I have recently done a full clean install of Ubuntu with the official release ... very nice!!  I had downloaded the package 'Speedtouch' from universe and the firmware and installed these on my clean new system straight away. I followed the insructions in the installed 'readme.debian' to the letter..... and nothing.

--sniff--

> I absolutely love what you have done with Ubuntu and use it as my sole distro now.  I have only just started using Linux and it is really exciting being apart of something so new, exciting and well organised. And so it is a great shame that something so seemingly simple is annoying me so much.
>
> I hope we can find a solution soon.

This is a timely post as I have also Speedtouch modem with me; and
tonight I'm planning to install Ubuntu.

I'm a Server Linux user (no desktop much experience yet).

I'll follow this thread.

--

Linux Registered User # 370038
Be counted @ http://counter.li.org