X.org packages [was Re: Ati Support]

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 08:52:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:45:05 +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
<fabbione at canonical.com> wrote:

> I think i will make them show up from one day. I love to hear people
> screaming and performing black magic voodo rituals in front of my door..
> it's pretty entertraining ;)

You're so mean. ;-)

> No, of course we will announce them in advance, but i already did the
> first tests and it is not going to be so painful as people expects.

Excellent. I'm looking forward to it!

> people that don't have high tech skills shouldn't be using hoary as it
> is now anyway. too many things are still not settled down.

Yes, I understand that and agree. I consider myself to have "higher
tech than average" skills, so using Hoary doesn't bother me. I've
already run into one or two questions on the list here that sound like
newbie questions - and if I notice that their problem has already been
fixed in Hoary, I try to convince them that the switch to Hoary isn't
worth it for a minor fix right now.

I wouldn't have thought so a few years ago, but now that I can get
myself out of most problems I run into, I'm having fun playing with
all the latest and greatest and sometimes broken Hoary stuff. :-)

Thanks Fabio!

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu