Ati Support

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 07:18:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 07:10:43 +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
<fabbione at canonical.com> wrote:

> We are actually working on X.org packages and ubuntu also provides the
> ati binary packages.

Speaking of X.org packages....

Will (or can) we be given any notice of the change to X.org or will it
just show up one day? I know from experience that upgrading from one
version of X.org to another is difficult enough - I expect the upgrade
from the old X server is going to be like a heart transplant to
Ubuntu.

I'm brave, I can handle it if there are major issues - but if I'm
going to have to scour the wiki for answers with the elinks browser,
some advanced notice would be nice. :-)

Thanks!

--
Aaron