Ctl-Alt Switch GDM sessions...

Worik worik at noggon.com
Mon Nov 1 22:09:58 UTC 2004

> I haven't tested changing resolutions yet, but while logged into
> Gnome, I select (from the menu bar) Applications >> System Tools >>
> New Login

Yes.  This is very good.

The problem is when my screen is locked, and the daughter wants to
switch to virtual terminal 8.

Used to be she Ctl-Alt-F8 and about 30 seconds later she was away...

Now when in VT 8 Ctl-Alt-F7 switches *back* to VT 7, but I cannot
Ctl-Alt-F8 to VT8.  Like I used to be able to.

I suspect I have some weird key mapping that is not set in her
environment, but I have never had to bother with key mappings and I do
not know where to start.

cheers
Worik