USB camera mounted but not recoqnized.

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Mon Nov 1 17:06:12 UTC 2004

I have installed Ubuntu on a number of peoples machine in our users
group.  I have a Canon G2 camera that is correctly identified as a
camera when plugged in, everything works well.

There are some users, however, that have Nikon 5700 usb cameras and they
are not recognized properly.  Ubuntu will mount the drive and it will
show up as sda1 but it is not recognized as a camera.  I have manually
chosen the Nikon in the camera list but the import tool tells me there
are no images on the device.  Is there a list of known devices where one
can set the cameras that are recognized?

Cheers
George Farris   farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Network and Technical Services
Malaspina University-College