Automagical mounting no longer working

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 23:59:57 UTC 2004

This doesn't work for me. No matter what I connect, whether it be a
USB thumbdrive, USB CF card reader,  iPod via Firewire, none of them
mount automatically or display an icon. They used to, and I have no
idea why they don't now.

In fact, even when I put a CD in my CD drive, it no longer mounts the
CD and shows an icon on my desktop like it used to. (However, it does
if i go to Computer, Disks, and click on the CD ROM icon).

So in my case, gnome-volume-manager doesn't seem to be doing its job,
but I don't know how to fix it. Clues? Thanks.

--
"Impossible is nothing."