bootloader

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 30 09:27:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 09:08, shimon wrote:
> personally i think there is no reason why you should have manbrake
> installed and should swich to ubuntu totally
>

> --
> shimon

Well,

1.) I use Mandrake at work. I need it installed because part of what I
do involves giving help and support for new Linux users all of whom have
Mandrake installed.
2.) Mandrake seems to handle games better than Ubuntu, particularly
Unreal Tournament/2003. Despite having tried several times, I can
install GTA:Vice City on Ubuntu but the audio only works in the game
once, thereafter it's "no audio hardware detected" whereas with Mandrake
I can shut the game down and start it up as often as I want with no
problems.

Other than that I agree.

David