Warty Live CD and Video Cards

Russell Cook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 29 21:05:27 UTC 2004

Hi All,
I was trying out the Warty Live Cd on my fathers machine. He has a
Duron900 motherboard with shared memory video card and a PCI slot video
card. Unfortunately, Warty could only detect the internal motherboard
card and would then crash on starting X. Even if I moved the VGA cable
from the PCI card to the onboard controller and reset the BIOS to make
the onboard the primary card it would not start properly.

I was disappointed as I wanted him to try the Live CD to see if I could
wean him off windows :-)

Any thoughts on how to get around this?

--
Kind Regards