Midi Player for Noteedit?

alainhenry ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Dec 29 09:45:18 UTC 2004

I have updated (increased the list of modules to load before using the
timidity midi server).  With the first version, noteedit did not worked
well.  Now it works fine and recognised the MIDI ports (See wiki for
more details).

https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/MidiSoftwareSynthesisHowTo

Two problems remain:
- priority issues.  As soon as I do anything else than playing music
(e.g. moving the mouse), there are scratches in the music.  This is a
latency issue, I assume.  Or a CPU speed issue (I use a K7 at 650 MHz).

- Some of the fonts used by noteedit are awful (the menu for example),
as if coming from an old 80 characters terminal.  I assume this is
linked to an incomplete setup of KDE on the machine.

I had no success having Rosegarden playing yet.  Does not make a single
sound.  Had anybody any success with it?

Alain

--
alainhenry