File links and Nautilus CD-Writer

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 29 05:13:22 UTC 2004

Le mercredi 29 décembre 2004 à 06:55 +0200, Ari Torhamo a écrit :
> ti, 2004-12-28 kello 21:40 -0500, Brian Chase kirjoitti:
> > Well, there virtually no learning curve to K3B, I've been using it for a
> > couple years now and I used it the first time within about 4 minutes of
> > poking around.  It's awesome.
>
> No tuning and tweaking at the command line? No stability issues? No
> conflicts with other applications? Will not destroy the smooth and
> consistent Gnome-look which I like so much?
> What?..Who?..Me? ..Suspicious? :-)

Well, no command line stuff, it's all GUI. However if you like Gnome
looks so much, like I do, then when you will probably need a sick bag
when you start K3B for the first time. It's a KDE app, so you have been
warned. You should only use it if nothing else works, or, if you are
very rich and like to burn DVDs intead of CDs, in which case no Gnome
app will be able to help you.
As far as conflicts go, apart from losing my entire Gnome desktop
yesterday, I didn't have problems. ;-/
Oh yeah, it was unable to burn anything either, although it did destroy
the CD's anyway. I hope you have more luck than I did.
However, you said that you could wait for Hoary, which is in 4 months,
quite a long time. So I guess you are not in a hurry. So, maybe best to
just use Nautiluse, and wait for Hoary to see how the Gnome apps have
improved.

Vince