When I "apt-setup" for "ftp" the console hangs

Thomas Kaiser thomas at kaiser.linux-site.net
Tue Dec 28 16:51:36 UTC 2004

Why you don't edit the sources.list file manually?
(/etc/apt/sources.list)

Here is mine:
#deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 4.10 _Warty Warthog_ - Preview i386 Binary-1
(20041020)]/ unstable main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch updated software from the
network
#deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty main restricted
#deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty main restricted

#deb ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/ubuntu warty main restricted
#deb-src ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/ubuntu warty main restricted

deb http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/ubuntu warty main restricted
deb-src http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/ubuntu warty main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
security
## team.
#deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty universe
#deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty universe

#deb ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/ubuntu warty universe
#deb-src ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/ubuntu warty universe

deb http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/ubuntu warty universe
deb-src http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/ubuntu warty universe

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty-security main restricted

Just copy paste the needed lines in your sources.list file. If the line
has a hash (#) as starting character, remove it.

Regards, Thomas