MS game Risk II - question from newbie

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Tue Dec 28 09:01:15 UTC 2004

Chuck Vose wrote:

>This discussion has be going for a little while, if you check the
>mailing-list archives you'll find an exhaustive combat on the merits
>of both sides.

Just taken a look at the archive; it's intriguing because just about
*everybody* seems to want "reply to list", yet one or two people say
"the general consensus was to stick with how it is"...

I can't find the consensus... it seems to be "this is is how it is,
you're stuck with it" rather than a sensible debate.. somebody posted a
link to a very unconvincing webpage which was trying to argue that
"reply to list" (which is, statistically, the norm on more mailing lists
than not) is a violation of privacy. I do not understand how somebody
could join a mailing list and then get upset when their replies go to
the list. I think more people get upset when they (as happened today)
get a reply to a message but have not seen the message, or when advice
that should be shared ends up being sent only the person asking. Broken
threads, solutions which are not shared with the community -- how on
earth can that be good?!?!? I do not understand that logic at all...

Also, people seem to think that a "Reply to list" button is the norm....
on what? I do not use Evolution, but none of my mail clients have such a
thing...

Sean