Hoary / kernel 2.6.9: Gaim cannot connect to AIM/ICQ?

Klaus Alexander Seistrup kseistrup at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 14:26:11 UTC 2004

Sure enough...  I just rebooted in Linux 2.6.8, and now GAIM can
connect to AIM and ICQ again.

What is it in Linux 2.6.9 that is so different from 2.6.8 that (1)
GAIM cannot connect to AIM/ICQ, and (2) ntpd cannot start from init?

I'm baffled...

--
Klaus Alexander Seistrup
SubZeroNet · Copenhagen · Denmark