MIDI for AC97 card?

fuzzix ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Dec 26 23:48:59 UTC 2004

I have a Soundblaster Digital 4.1 which AFAIK has sequencer hardware.
The relevant modules are loaded as follows:

Code:
--------------------
    snd_seq_oss            29440  0
  snd_seq_midi_event      7552  2 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_oss
  snd_seq                46608  6 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
  snd_seq_device          7944  4 snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
  snd_pcm_oss            48168  0
  snd_pcm                85540  3 snd_bt87x,snd_ens1371,snd_pcm_oss
  snd_page_alloc         11144  2 snd_bt87x,snd_pcm
  snd_timer              23172  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
  snd_mixer_oss          16640  1 snd_pcm_oss
  snd                    50660  16 snd_seq_midi,snd_bt87x,snd_ens1371,snd_rawmidi,snd_ac97_codec,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_pcm_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mixer_oss
  soundcore               9824  2 bttv,snd

--------------------

Using Kmid -appears- to work - I can select the ALSA midi sequencer
device, the "tempo" bar lights, but no sound plays. I have checked the
volumes with alsamixer - nothing has any effect.

Does anyone know if this card actually supports midi sequencer? Is the
ensoniq module appropriate for this card? I can't locate the original
docs and Creative's site is suprisingly general and the manual is
unavailable online. According to 'Amazon' (http://tinyurl.com/7xmfl) it
features:

# 128-voice Wave-Table synthesiser for rich MIDI playback

Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks!

*edit*

--
fuzzix