Firewire Setup

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 02:59:11 UTC 2004

I have a digital video recorder.

It appears one of the better looking apps to capture video for this
device (Kino) requires that I use a firewire connection.

So I bought a firewire card (the cable will come when the stores open
tomorrow) and I installed it.

I booted the computer and my Ubuntu Warty system booted. I saw no new
messages, but after logging into Gnome, I checked out the device
manager and saw a IEEE 1394 device was recognized. You can see a png
image at ftp://www.n1zhe.org

Does this mean the Hotplug already loaded the right modules and I
don't have to configure my system in any other way for this card?

David

--
Registered Linux User #297958