Cron job every few minutes ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 25 23:39:05 UTC 2004

> That's exactly the point. cron doesn't have a terminal attached to it,
> so where should the output go? You might try something like
> /bin/echo "foobar" >> /tmp/cron.out
>
> Martin

Hi Martin,

Problem solved..

The final command is :

0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * *
cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature | logger -t temp

This read CPU temperature every 5 minutes and adds all the readings at
the bottom of the file /var/log/messages.

It works perfectly, and I even get a time stamp next to each reading,
which attest that they are performed in time, ever five minute then.

Thanks all for your help, it's all working now :o)

Vince