Merry Christmas

Martin Schmitz ubuntu at zangpo.org
Sat Dec 25 04:14:46 UTC 2004

Maximilian Gerlach schrieb:
> Well, I don't know from which part of Germany you are, but right here,
> we're celebrating the 24th. Although we *are* christians and we are not
> *that* uneducated...

Although you might do that, most people in Western Europe celebrate the
Holy Night on December the 24th while Christmas is on December the 25th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas#Dates_of_celebration

Martin

P.S.: I'm sorry to debate those things on this list - it's clearly OT.
But tradition does mean at least something to me and I have to say that
I'm quite disappointed about this lack of general education.