Evolution backup

Craig Adams craigaa at karg.co.za
Fri Dec 24 11:20:23 UTC 2004

Hi Francesco,

To perform a full, sane backup of Evolution 2:

Open a terminal and issue the following commands to shutdown the
processes:

gconftool-2 --shutdown
evolution-2.0 --force-shutdown

Then you need to backup the following directories in your home
directory:

.evolution
.gconf/apps/evolution

and also the following file:

.gnome2_private/Evolution

I would recommend a command like this (line may wrap):
tar -cvzf
backupname.tar.gz .evolution .gconf/apps/evolution .gnome2_private/Evolution

In order to restore you should also shutdown the processes first.

Regards

Craig A.