Ubuntu Hoary @ OSNews.com

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Fri Dec 24 07:14:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 10:45:20AM -0500, volvoguy wrote:

> I have the "linux-image-686-smp" package installed, and it was my
> understanding that it would always pull in the newest 686-smp kernel.  The
> article mentioned Hoary is at 2.6.9, but I still seem to be at 2.6.8. I
> realize that in a development version, things may not work as they ought,
> but almost everything in that article was unfamiliar to me. :) lol. (I pay
> attention, I really do!)

While it is true that sometimes things do not work as they ought, in this
instance this was the intended behaviour.  There was a gap of some days
between when 2.6.9 first appeared, and when we decided to update the
metapackage to trigger an upgrade for all users.  There were some bugs which
needed to be addressed first.

--
 - mdz