Synaptic Bug ??

Roland Wegmann rowe_gnu at gmx.net
Wed Dec 22 18:33:58 UTC 2004

Hi

I tried to modify the presentation of the above right window of synaptic
(remove the description column). Therefore I unchecked 'description' in
'Einstellungen/Spalten und Schriften' (in english perhaps
'Prefernces/Columns and Fonts') then I clicked 'Anwenden' and 'OK' (in
english perhaps 'Apply' and 'OK'). But now the above right synaptic
window shows nothing at all and all colums in 'Einstellungen/Spalten und
Schriften' are unchecked. The bad thing is I can't undo the whole thing.

I used 'apt-get --purge remove synaptic' and then 'apt-get insatall
synaptic' but the error stays - no packages are shown. More synaptic
crashes when I try to modify the 'Anwendungschrift' (in english perhaps
'Application Fonts'.

Any ideas that helps to solve my synaptic problem?

Roland