Constant Network activity ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 22 02:13:21 UTC 2004

What the hell is happening now... :-/

I have the network monitor applet in my top panel, and both telly are
constantly lit ! I click on it to see the details, and indeed, there is
a constant network activity, it is downloading and uploading at the same
time, and at the same pace. So far it has sent/received aobut 40MB !!!!!
Okay, I had a P2P program running, but wasn't actually downloading
anything ! I closed it anyway (Sancho), and also the back-end (ML
Donkey) just to be sure. Then closed the web browser too, although it
was not active either. And it still does it.
So I thought, maybe a buggy applet, as it sometimes misbehaves (stop
showing activity ie), so I tried removing it from the panel then putting
it back, to put things straight. but no, still does it !
So, have I just got a Linux virus that fidns it funny to upload and
download god knows why, all the time ???  :-/

My God what the hell is happening !

Any thoughts welcome... :o(

Vince, oh no....