Easytag : how to do mass renaming ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 22 01:28:56 UTC 2004

Okay, I said I didn't like the GUI of Easytag yesterday, and now I have
ot use it anyway. I tried with Cantus3 without much success.

Here goes: I have downloaded 27 individuals MP3 songs from a same artist
with my P2P program. What I would like to do is get Rhythmbox to make
them appear as an "album", like it were an audio CD I had ripped.

So in order to do that, I need to fill the "album" and "artist" fields
of all the files, with the same data. Since I have 27 files to process,
I thought that would be the ideal time to experiment "mass
renaming" (whatever you call it), if just to save me time and hassle.

So resorted to use Easytag, as it seems feature rich. But the interface
is very complex and just don't have a clue what to do !!!! :-/
I used the left pane to browse to the directory where I put all 27 MP3
from that artist. Then in the middle pane I selected them all. Now what
do I do, how do I proceed ??? :o(

Vince, a bit lost, and hoping Easytag will get some HIG attention very
soon...