Rhythmbox frustration !!!

Julio Biason julio.biason at terra.com.br
Tue Dec 21 00:16:23 UTC 2004

2004.12.21 00:58:02, Vincent Trouilliez:
> My mistake ? When entering album infos in "Sound Juicer", I inverted the
> 'artist' and 'album name' fields !
> Not a big deal I thought. Once Sound Juicer had finished converting the
> CD, I rectified the folders names by hand in Nautilus, before importing
> the folder into Rhythmbox... BUUUT, don't ask me why, nor how, please
> don't ask me, but when I opened the file choser to import the
> folder/album, Rhythmbox imported all the songs BUT he used the WRONG
> names ! How could he know ?? I fixed the names BEFORE importing the
> album ! So now basically my playlist looks like this:

OGGs (and MP3s too) have special atributes stored inside the file.
These attributes contain information like (guess :) ) Artist, Music
Name, Albun, Year, Genre and so on.

So, even if you fixed the path where the music files are, you didn't
fixed the "meta-info" about the files.

AFAIK, Rhythmbox still doesn't have a working edit info function...