DVD playback slow

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Mon Dec 20 14:48:26 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Montag, den 20.12.2004, 08:53 -0500 schrieb Chris H:
> What does the -E parameter do on hdpam, I can't find it in the man
> pages?
according to the manpage in warty:

 ‐E     Set  cdrom  speed.  This is NOT necessary for regular operation,
        as the drive will automatically switch speeds on its  own.   But
        if  you  want  to play with it, just supply a speed number after
        the option, usually a number like 2 or 4.

on my old sony laptop with 256 mb the buffering is pretty bad, even with
dma on i have choppy output with dvd playback. turning down the drive
speed to fill the buffer with a slower datastream to get around the
bottleneck solves this for me.

ciao
	oli

--