configuring network alias on laptop

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Mon Dec 20 12:20:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 09:36:30PM -0800, Chuck Vose wrote:

> Agreed, everyone who uses Linux should have a project that they think
> would make the Linux world much better; I have about 3 but maybe you
> would be willing to work with the community to make this happen?

I agree with you too (up to a certain point), but:
-I am 70 now and prefer to invest my remaining energies in other
 projects than Linux.
-Though I have been using Linux, and only Linux, for a long time now
 (since RedHat 3.0), at home and at work, I have never dug into the
 inner workings more than was strictly necessary to get the job done.
-Though I am a mathematician I have an aversion to anything related to
 programming. Even reading a script makes my hair stand on end {^_^}

Alexander
(who will shortly disappear and reappear as ubu with another mail address
 so that ubuntu-users mail will only go to my ubuntized laptop).