Samba package broken

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 11:17:15 UTC 2004

I get the opposite. It *won't* work on boot, only if I restart it (and
then only 20-30 minutes at a time). Very frustrating, but I'm
wondering if the problem is at a lower level. Web browsing seems to
work fine, but ssh and vnc connections keep dropping once an hour or
more. Maybe the samba segfaults that I'm seeing are actually occurring
because of a problem in lower-level networking code since this last
kernel update? I still see nothing in /var/log/messages or anywhere
else. When an ssh shell sessions end or VNC disappears (I can
reconnect in a minute or two), there are no log entries that I can
find anywhere in /var/log.

-Eamonn