Samba segfaults/issues

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 08:43:17 UTC 2004

Has anyone else noticed flakiness in Samba since the latest updates in
Warty? It could be something I've done (because I've added a hard
drive and more memory at the same time I downloaded the new kernel
through apt-get),  but I've had two samba segfaults since and about 3
of 4 attempts at smbmount fail. The Windows XP home computer I'm
connecting to is unchanged and I haven't tinkered with any of the
networking hardware. The only thing I've done between the point this
was working perfectly and not was:

installing new hard drive
upgrade memory from 512MB to 1GB
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
reboot

Aside from the new hard drive not mounting at boot (mostly solved with
a custom rc script), the SMB connections I normally make at boot time
are also failing. I've been ignoring that while I sort out the new
drive, but now it's SMB's turn... A previously perfectly working
smb.conf is unchanged.