Can't unmount USB volume

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 08:25:11 UTC 2004

Make sure you don't have any applications using the device by closing
every application, including any other terminal windows, except for
the one you're using to run umount. When I get this message, it's
usually because I have another terminal open and accessing one of the
directories on the device.