Ubuntu & the underdeveloped world

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Sun Dec 19 05:16:40 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 21:49 -0500, Travis Newman wrote:

> > Even if a majority of Americans are narrow-minded people, that does
> > not mean there's some given right to speak offensively about them, or
> > rather us (Not sure whether I consider myself American. Haven't spent
> > enough time here to make such a decision.)
>
> Agreed, and again, the ip address comment I don't think was meant to say
> that all Americans are the same.

Certainly we are NOT all the same.  There is an incredible amount of
diversity of both race and opinion here.  My advice to those of you out
there who "hate Americans" is --- don't blame us all for the actions of
a few.  Whatever those people did to make you so angry at America, I can
assure you that there are many people here who would totally agree with
you that what they did is wrong and that we don't consider them to be
representative of our own opinion or way of life.