Compiling : recurrent problem...

Sean Kelley sean.ku at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 14:51:12 UTC 2004

When I try to get gnome-core-devel on warty I get this error:

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  gnome-core-devel: Depends: liborbit2-dev (>= 1:2.10) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: libatspi-dev but it is not going to be installed
                    Depends: libatk1.0-dev (>= 1.4.1) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: libeel2-dev (>= 2.6.0) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: libnautilus2-dev (>= 2.6.0) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: libgail-dev but it is not going to be installed
                    Depends: libidl-dev but it is not going to be installed
                    Depends: libgnomevfs2-dev (>= 2.6.1.1-3) but it is
not going to be installed
                    Depends: libpanel-applet2-dev (>= 2.6.0) but it is
not going to be installed
                    Depends: libpango1.0-dev (>= 1.4.0) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: libglade2-dev (>= 2.3.6) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: libgnomeui-dev (>= 2.6.0) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: libxml2-dev but it is not going to be installed
                    Depends: libxslt1-dev (>= 1.1.4) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: librsvg2-dev (>= 2.6.3) but it is not
going to be installed
                    Depends: libgtksourceview-dev (>= 1.0.0) but it is
not going to be installed

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:52:00 +0100, Trouilliez Vincent
<vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>  sudo apt-get install gnome-core-devel pulls in everything you need for
> compiling gnome desktop programs...
>  WOW, it worked !!! :o)
>
>  Can't believe it, I have never managed to compile anything with Mandrake,
> and now that I have Ubuntu, works like a charm :o)
>  I can't believe I managed to compile a nice little application.... the
> feeling of achievement is only surpassed by the joy of having yet another
> lovely sweet cute little Gnome app to play with ! :o)
>
>  Thanks everyone for the help :-)
>
>  Vince

Sean Kelley