Do I really need to load all this at boot?

Nathan Sprangers wolfe at cwazy.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 03:15:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've noticed some things loading at boot that I'm not sure I really
need.  For example, I have mol installed which required a dhcp server
however it only needs to be run while mol is running and the mol scripts
start it.  Also, powernowd starts but I'm using a PPC G3 and I don't
know if this is a processor that supports more than "2 frequencey steps
like AMD's PowerNow! and Intel's Pentium M family" (from the manpage).
I know this has to do with editing init scripts, but I don't know which
ones or how.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thanks
~Nathan