Apple Mac : what model for Ubuntu ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 17 18:34:30 UTC 2004

> The 9600 was also a dual-processor

Ah, interesting... :o)))

> > Maybe it's possible to retro-fit a G4 motherboard to a Tower Beige G3
> > case ? That would be ideal...
>
> I'd go straight for the G4.

All the modern Mac cases really turn me off big time, as much as all the
old beige ones turn me on. Hence the idea of retro-fitting a G4 system
board...

> Retro-fitting it into a Beige G3 will
> result in power supply and port issues (plus, I doubt the boards
> fit)...

I think where there is will, there is a way ! ;o) WIth major surgery,
angle grinder and a big hammer, I think it could be made to fit...
And the harder the job, the more intense the feeling of achievement,
when it's all done and working ! :o)

Vince