gnome-terminal font too small under KDE

Peter Hoffmann ph at peter-hoffmann.com
Fri Dec 17 17:54:48 UTC 2004

David Marsh wrote:

> I have a suspicion that perhaps it might be that KDE and GNOME disagree as
> to the dpi of my display, but I've no idea how to check or change this
> in either case..

You can check the dpi settings with:

xdpyinfo |grep dot

Usually gnome uses 96 dpi and kde 100 dpi. To change the gnome settings
  start gnome-control-center and go to fonts. Then go to Details and
change the Resolution.

Finally you need to add gnome-session-daemon to kde autostart. If you're
using kde you'll need to set this in order for the gnome settings to be
available to gnome applications in the kde environment.

cd ~/.kde/Autostart ln -s /usr/bin/gnome-settings-daemon
gnome-settings-daemon

--
Peter Hoffmann <ph at peter-hoffmann.com>