Ubuntu & the underdeveloped world

Shango Oluwa shango at mewe.org.uk
Thu Dec 16 02:26:27 UTC 2004

I post this, on this list, in most respectful terms to all readers:

The island nation of Cuba is preparing itself for war in defence of US
aggression:

This concerns all users of UbuntuLinux because of Cuba's consideration
of he use of Open Source Software in schools and educational
institutions - where, by common sense, Ubuntu would play a major role.

The GNU/Linux philosophy is closely tied to the same values of liberty
as expounded by this social democracy and we should be aware of the
monopolies and restrictions that are being forced (by Micro$oft, Bacardi
and the Bush - almost Kerry - Administration) on this nation, our
champions of Freedom, Cuba.

I know that the fascists and bigots using UbuntuLinux also, will reveal
themselves around about now, but God knows this is a critical situation.

http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/ev.php-URL_ID=7941&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

http://www.floscaribbean.org

http://www.apc.org/english/news/os_index.shtml

On Guard,