#_of_desktops

wulf ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Dec 15 12:55:58 UTC 2004

Vincent Trouilliez Wrote:
> I just use the keyboard : ALT + CONTROL + left/right key, much more
> confortable than using the mouse, and also a bit faster.
Yes - I know those key combinations (and very useful they are too).
Previously I was using Mandrake with KDE and was used to Alt-Tabbing
between all running applications across all desktops. Maybe as I get
more used to Alt-Ctrl-left/right I'll add some more workspaces but I do
like to be able to glance down at the corner and see a representation of
what's open in each space.

Has anyone investigated how much extra load having extra workspaces
open places on the system? Maybe I ought to be bold and venture into
3x3 territory :D ?

Wulf

--
wulf