Audio skipping in Ubuntu

Nathan Howell nathan at crapbox.org
Wed Dec 15 04:41:59 UTC 2004

Am I the only one getting audio skips in Ubuntu? I haven't seen it come up on
the list so far... Anyway, my audio (mp3s, anyway) skips. Happens in different
audio players, and is worse since upgrading to the 2.6.9 kernel (running
hoary). When I had warty on the same box, audio didn't skip like it does now
(with an idle system), but would under load. It didn't do that when I had
Gentoo on this pc. Now, running hoary and 2.6.9, audio skips pretty regularly,
at least once every 2-3 minutes. Anybody else?

Nathan