why not wxPython on Ubuntu?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Tue Dec 14 15:44:28 UTC 2004

<quote who="altern">

> as far as i can see there are a lot of Python libraries included with
> Ubuntu (PIL, openGL ...). I think this is very good. But seems that
> wxPython (wxWidgets) is not included. Is there any especific reason for
> this?
> I think its a very nice tool to develop crossplatform applications in
> Python and I believe it would be good to include it in Ubuntu if this is
> possible.

wxwidgets2.4 and wxwidgets2.5 (source package names) are available in hoary.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "I think it will be admitted by all that to have exploited so great a
     scientific invention for the purpose and pursuit of entertainment
    alone would have been a prostitution of its powers and an insult to
        the character and intelligence of the people." - John Reith