What I want for nautilus & gnome

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 14 14:54:32 UTC 2004

Le mardi 14 décembre 2004 à 15:36 +0100, Sebastien Bacher a écrit :
> Le mardi 14 décembre 2004 à 11:59 +0100, Vincent Trouilliez a écrit :
> > > 4.- A MIME Type selector which will allow me to decide that...
> >
> > I went into Gnome 'prefered apps' to tell him that I wanted Gedit as
> > default text editor, but scream is still launched by default !
>
> Hi,
>
> To change the default app for a mimetype just right click on one file
> with this mimetype in nautilus, properties, open with and choose the app
> to use.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Sebastien Bacher

Hi Seb,

As I said in an earlier post, that doesn't solve the problem. It only
assigns Gedit to that particular file I am clicking on, not all text
file, especially all those that don't have any extension at all, lie all
the hidden files in ~/, or all the configuration files in /etc, scripts,
or what have you.
So the problem remains : once the Gedit default for text files was
broken by 'Scream', Gnome/Nautilus would not be able to default it back
to Gedit, regardless of the setting in the preferences dialog.

That's okay, I can live without Scream... ;-)

Vince