Problem with keyring

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:26:58 UTC 2004

Hello, I've got a problem using my SMB server (YellowDogLinux 3.0.1)
with Ubuntu. For some reason Ubuntu insists on throwing up the keyring
password dialogue whenever I try to access the server using Nautilus.
Unfortunately the keyring password dialogue doesn't respond to any of
my standard passwords so I haven't go the foggiest notion as to what's
going on.

Nautilus seems to have a hit and miss relationship with the SMB server
at the best of times so now I can't even access it.

How can I disable keyring? Also, I tried searching the archives with
site:lists.ubuntu.com keyring at google and no hits came up (no hits
came up for site:lists.ubuntu.com at all). Is there some interface
somewhere to search the lists?

PS It also seems that Applications:Shares (in Hoary) insists on having
a ROOT password (which hasn't been enabled on my system)... I don't
have the inclination to post a bug report at the moment... someone
else feel free to do so.

Eric.