ubuntu littered with malicious viruses, some oriented toward Linux

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:02:09 UTC 2004

> Not that this should go on any longer, but I just thought you should
> know that neither genus nor opus are exceptions to Latin rules.  Most
> words in Latin that end in -us are masculine nouns of the second
> declension.  These are pretty regular, and the stem of the noun, onto
> which the case and plural endings are added, is generally just the
> nominative form without the -us ending.  The first and second
<snip>

> How's that for splitting hairs. :-)
>
> Kent

I think I'm going to have to start using some of my partner's special
revitalising conditioner...

Seriously though, very interesting. I think once upon a blue moon I
did actually learn those rules...

Eric.

PS I agree with you: I wish the default would be to reply to list, and
not to poster. This isn't the type of list where private discourse is
the norm and the only thing it does is increase the number of posts
coming into posters' mail boxes since the easiest solution is to
reply-all. There are one or two Ubuntu lists that do have reply
directly to list.