I need some info about ipv6 in warty

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Tue Dec 14 12:17:10 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have added and alias 'eth0:1' to 'eth0' on my laptop with warty.
(So I can connect to my home network. By the way the I had problems
 using the gui 'network-admin' to do this. In the end I just added
 the necessary entries to /etc/network/interfaces by hand).

So far this works as it should, however the entry and statistics
for 'sit0' have disappeared from /sbin/ifconfig!

/sbin/lsmod shows that 'ipv6' is loaded and running.

Should something be done to the configuration of ipv6 to correct this.
Where and how can this be done. I know next to nothing about ipv6,
except why it was introduced, and I am still groping my way about
warty.

I have googled but find nothing simple enough for a 'quick fix' or
directly relevant to warty.

Alexander