compatibility HP Jornada handheld

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Dec 14 02:20:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 14:04 -0500, clasqm wrote:
> compatibility with CE/PocketPc devices is a big grey area on Linux, I'm
> afraid
>
> There is a driver called synce, but it involves patching the kernel.
> >From that, there is something called multisync, which has CE and
> Evolution plugins.
>
> If you get all of that working, please let the rest of us know how you
> did it ... I spent two days trying with no luck.

You need to do roughly the following:

>From a terminal, run dccm
Run activesync on your CE device. Hit "sync"
>From another terminal, run pstatus. This should return information about
your device.
Run multisync. Choose "add pair", and add a synce/evolution plugin pair
(make sure that you have the evolution 2 plugin. It's not in Warty. I
don't know if it's in Hoary yet)
Hit "sync" in multisync
Profit

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org