Serious problem with the partitioning tool

wulf ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Dec 13 22:31:16 UTC 2004

What kind of machines? I've recently done two installs of Ubuntu - one a
week and half ago on a Packard Bell laptop (keeping a bootable WinXP
partition) and one today on a Dell desktop Mandrake box that was having
MBR problems (but preserving one of the partitions for data access).
Both seem to be fine so far.

The only thing I didn't like about the partitioning tool was that the
default option was to wipe out everything. I'm not new to Linux and I
found it did exactly what I told it to.... but I wonder if there are
people out there who've reached the end of the process only to discover
they've trashed all their data in the process, even putting the problems
mentioned above on one side.

Wulf

--
wulf