Serious problem with the partitioning tool

Marco Iannaccone marciann at email.it
Mon Dec 13 11:50:17 UTC 2004

Serious problems with the partitioning tool.

I installed Ubuntu 4.10 for the second time.
The first time using normal installation, and... I got my primary
Windows XP partition totally corrupted. I thought it was grub's fault,
and so I reinstalled Ubuntu, after recovering someway the lost data,
this time using expert installation, so I could choose lilo.

Well... I had problems this time, too!
I lost one of the logical NTFS partitions contained in the same extended
partition when Ubuntu was installed, and the previous was was corrupted
(the BRs were no more correct, because two partitions overlapped). I
could fortunately make everything work well again eliminating the
ReiserFS and wap logical partitions I had created for Ubuntu, and
manually changed the boundaries of the "corrupted" NTFS partitions using
Ranish Partition Manager).

I defenitely think Ubuntu installer ha a serious problem with the
partitioning tool (I've used Linux and othe OSs (even BeOS, QNX,
FreeBSD, etc..) for years, without NEVER having problems with the
existing partitions, and this is the first time i happens).

--
Marco Iannaccone
marciann at email.it

 Sponsor:

 Scopri il benessere che solo lÂ’aloe vera regala al tuo corpo: cura la tua pelle

* Con la vasta gamma di prodotti che ti offre Erboristeria.com

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2380&d=13-12