Sharing Files With Windows PC

ubuntu@port76 ubuntu at port76.com
Sat Dec 11 19:35:17 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have installed samba/sabma nfs installed and changed the workgroup
name to match the desktop (has shared folders). The computers still
don't see each others shares. What can I do to fix this?

I'd like to setup a shared local folder on my notebook (ubuntu) folder
"/BACKUP/My Files" is the one. What do I have to do to get a folder on
my notebook seen by the desktop, vice versa? I have been reading the
Unofficial Guide but find that rather confusing...

TIA

Lalit