ZIP drive : won't eject the disk !!!

Carlos A. Paramio carlos.paramio at hispalinux.es
Thu Dec 9 12:51:03 UTC 2004

> So I tried on the commande line 'umount /dev/sda4' or 'eject /dev/sda4'
> but it tells me it count unmunt it because it's busy !

It sounds like a fam (File Alteration Monitor) problem. To check what
program is locking your device, try:

lsof /media/zip

You can "force" to unmount it with the "lazy" parameter:

umount -l /media/zip

This problems of fam could be solved with the new monitor, gamin, that
will replace fam in the next release of Ubuntu, I think.
--
Carlos Alberto Paramio Danta            .--.
http://carlosparamio.is-a-geek.org/    |o_o |