Windows typography reproduction

Nano ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Dec 9 11:49:43 UTC 2004

Well, I can tell you what I do.
I have both Ubuntu and Windows (which I use only for gaming - I paid
for it since it's a OEM version so I decided to keep it, sic) in my
computer, so what I do is to tell Ubuntu to pick the Windows fonts I
have installed in another partition.
This allows me to use Tahoma, Verdana and others.
To do this I added a line in /etc/fonts/local.fonts:
<dir>/mnt/Windows/windows/Fonts</dir>

I installed Windows in a Fat32 partition so I could give write
permission when mounted. This is required if you want to do the same.
If you don't have these conditions you can always copy the Windows
fonts you want in a folder and then add a line with the path to it in
the file above.

I haven't sleep since I played TotalWar til 6am this morning so
probable I don't make my self very clear. :)

--
Nano