How stable is hoary, really?

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 15:38:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:05:00 -0500, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net> wrote:

> I am using warty, and would like some packages available for hoary
> only.  I was thinking about doing an
>
> apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> but am a bit leery about breaking something that works fine, now.

In my experience, Hoary hasn't broken anything, but things change
quite often. The temporary menus in the top panel to help test new
Gnome code for instance. For me, Hoary hasn't been any more or less
stable than Warty, and I really like the updated software. :o)

My $.02

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu