Windows typography reproduction

Jan Morén jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Tue Dec 7 23:18:34 UTC 2004

Go to menu->desktop->preferences->font and turn off antialiasing.

If you think hinting is wrong, try putting this in ~/.fonts.conf :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
  <match target="font">
    <edit name="autohint" mode="assign">
        <bool>true</bool>
    </edit>
  </match>
</fontconfig>

It may (or may not) improve things for you; taste differs.

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden