Synaptic and dselect behaving oddly

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Tue Dec 7 09:48:57 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 05:38:34PM -0500, Nathan Sprangers wrote:
> Norman Silverstone wrote:
[..]
> >>Oh, something else that's interesting, aptitude works fine - shows
> >>everything, so I don't know what's up...
> >>
> >>~Nathan
> >>

> >Make sure that 'All' in the left hand panel is highlighted. It has
> >happened to me.
> >
> >Norman
> >

> Nothing changes when I select different sections or do a search except
> that instead of saying 13151 packages listed it says a different number
> - but still doesn't display them in the window! =)

What version of ubuntu and synaptic are you running? Does that happens
on warty? or hoary? Does it help if you do (at a terminal):
$ sudo mv /root/.synaptic /root/.synaptic.old
and restart synaptic? If it helps, could you please send me the
content of the /root/synaptic.old directory?

thanks,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ